Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Next up - Letterman

We left Bryce  Canyon for Boise by way of the interstate, with a stopover in Cedar City, UT as well as Orem.

While in Orem, I left our hotel for a few necessities at a nearby Walmart.  While there, I passed the music department and could not resist looking through the CDs.  There was a prominent display entitled HOT and NEW, with a half dozen featured CDs.  In the center appeared LIFE AT BEST, the latest release of the Eli Young Band.  For those who are just now tuning in, the bass player is Husker's baby boy, Jon.  The release went to 3rd on the top country albums during its first full week and dropped to 5th during the second week.  Needless to say, we are excited.  The single release that came earlier, CRAZY GIRL, went gold and currently is nearing the platinum mark.  Their first bona fide hit.

Speaking of going gold, there is an official plaque that is distributed commemorating this.  Husker's son, Jon,  arranged for a customized (i.e., nameplate) plaque that recognizes Husker as the owner of that particular copy.  Husker is a very proud papa.

You can catch them November 4, 2011 on Dave Letterman.  

My knitting is about to get stupid ambitious shortly.  I am nearing the end of my current project, a cropped pullover, that I started as we left on our two-week odyssey to the Pacific Northwest, and frogged twice.  The band has a logo, and I want to make Jon a cap with the logo.  This is probably going to be frogged a few times, too, because the logo is very curvaceous and will require mucho trial-and-error.  The plan is to make it with this gray yarn with a gold (of course!) logo.  My first step will be to transfer the logo to graph paper after I do a gauge piece.  I am using sock yarn.  Pray for me . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment