Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Knitted Little Red Riding Hood

Two days ago, I went to my LYS and picked up yarn for my next two projects, both of which will be small.  Last year, when I was getting into knitting after retiring, I made a Little Red Riding Hood piece for a 2 1/2 year old great-granddaughter's Christmas gift.  I was generally pleased with the effort, but did not photograph the cape/hood.  Now that I am blogging and taking photos of all my projects, you will get a chance this time to see this so very cute little girl's cape with hood.  Here is a hint of things to come:
 
I am knitting it again because I thought it would make a neat contribution to our church's bazaar in November.  I am knitting the cape/hood in Cascade 220 worsted wool using the Portuguese knitting technique.  The consistency of the stitches is very good using this technique.  My knitting pin arrived from Andrea Wong Knits the day before I began this project and the pin certainly does add to the technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment