Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ruffles and Little Red Riding Hood

September has been a packed month.  Not only did I cover for an ailing office administrator for 2 1/2 weeks, but I finished 3 projects.  I made two of the items for the church's bazaar that is coming up in November, but I made myself a delicious scarf, Just Enough Ruffles, designed by Laura Chau.

The church bazaar gets Stephanie Japel's Whirligig, and Erika Flory's Little Red Riding Hood, both for toddler girls.   The Whirligig was made with Cotton Ease to boost it up to a larger size which I did for another one just like this that I made for a Christmas gift.  Now that I have created a larger size, Stephanie has blogged that she has completed the resizing of the pattern for larger-than-toddler girls.  Oh well ...  The cape is made with Cascade 220, and the pattern can be found on Ravelry.  


Finally, I treated myself to a bit of pleasure with the scarf, made with Merinos Otto Shadow.  The yarn was incredibly lofty and worked up delightfully.  The end product is truly beautiful.  Laura Chau gets credit for this design, Just Enough Ruffles

I am also at work on other items for Christmas.  More about that as they materialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment