Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

An awful summer nears its end

This has been one of our worst summers, weather-wise.  Over 60 100+ days and it isn't over yet.  Today is expected to be 107 degrees.  I plan to spend my afternoon at our local Y's indoor lap pool.  It is pretty bad when you get up at 6 a.m. and it is too hot to walk in the neighborhood.

However, we have had some fun things to do.  We went to Husker's high school reunion in Omaha (of course!)  This is the 4th reunion of his class that I have attended, and I am starting to know a few people.  Part of the weekend included a tour of their high school.  This is one item that I did not attend because I went to an Omaha Y to attend a kettlebell class.  This was my first experience with it and I think I want to find a class locally.  I am still practicing what I learned.  

In addition, I have worked quite a bit this summer.  That has cut into my workouts and my yoga classes.  I have also had two jury summons -- different court systems -- but did not have to serve.  Whew!

Knitting?  Of course.  I picked up Vogue Knitting's fall issue and I am making a cropped pullover that I hope to include herein in about a month.  It took me a while to get the yarn -- had to order it -- then had to pick it up when I could get into Big D.  I will be working all of next week, then be off for at least two weeks.  After that time, I should have something to show for it.  Currently, I am not scheduled to work again until October 10th, and frankly, glad of it.  Need a little break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment