Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Busy spring

I looked at my posts and realized that I have been very negligent in writing and posting pix of the knitting projects.  Yes, I have been knitting right through spring, and now summer is upon us -- with a thud.  We began having 100 degree days while it was still spring!  Not a good sign.

I have been trying to use up a lot of stash and have ended up with a pair of Spud and Chloe mitts to use with my Spud and Chloe camp hoodie.  There is a heart motif to jazz up the appearance a little.  The mitts are colorway Watermelon to use the leftover trim yarn from my camp hoodie.  Pix will come later of the two of them together.  I received the zipper for the hoodie, but unfortunately, the sewing machine decided to fall apart.  So I have not been able to put in the zipper, yet. 

I also made a pair of sister summer sweaters for two nieces, Lily and Joey.  Husker and I went to Omaha for the Memorial Day weekend and left them with family for Lily and Joey's mom to pick up when she came back in town.  She facebooked me later to advise that they looked great.  However, I failed to photograph them, but I can tell you that they were based on the pattern "Chloe" designed by Alana Dakos, www.nevernotknitting.com.  I made this from a large stash of Cotton Ease in a rosy pink (no stripes) with a touch of Cotton Ease's bright green for trim, and used pink/green unmatched novelty buttons.

Speaking of  Spud and Chloe, I think I am getting some more yarn because Susan B. Anderson just published a preview of a darling shrug.  Gotta have it! 

Another item made with leftover yarn, again Cotton Ease, is a sweater shawl.  This is an easy knit with a ruffled trim.  I admit that I used all the available yarn, and had to go back to the store for one more skein.  I had almost 2 skeins, so that makes 3 skeins to complete it.  This is for  chilly fall and winter days when I want to snuggle into my chair and put a throw over my feet.  Now I don't have to wear a sweatshirt, too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment