Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pink Frosting Socks

I once impulsively purchased a pair of pink loafers.  Sometimes impulsiveness seems to be my strong suit ...   Around here, loafers are not too useful except in winter, and how many pairs of pink winter slacks or other pink friendly winter clothes do I have?  Except for one pink wool blazer, I have nothing to wear with them.  Nada as in zilch.  If I wear black slacks, the shoes seem to glow conspicuously. 

I finally came up with the pairing solution that hit me when I saw Knit Picks' Stroll hand painted fingering yarn in colorway Frosting.  In addition to pink, the colors are off white and a light beige.  I also have a very nice pair of beige winter slacks.  Suddenly everything came together.  I can't wait for the cold weather to return. 

It was 107 degrees a couple of days ago, and was 101 today.  Of course, I can't wait for winter!  Meanwhile, Husker has completed radiation, and tomorrow we see the oncologist to discuss the chemo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment