Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting back to life as we know it

It has been three weeks and a day since my life changed forever.  Time to get on with the rest of it.


I have turned my hands back to my knitting and completed my friend, Carolyn's, socks.  Usually, socks are a 2-3 week project, but the time was disrupted by a trip to Omaha for a second celebration of life.  I finished the socks this morning with my second cup of coffee. The yarn is Knit Picks' colorway, Lake Front, and the pattern is Catherine by Kate Blackburn.  I learned a couple of tricks from this pattern.   

Now,  I want to make something for our latest family addition, a boy.  I attended his baby shower last Saturday and can definitely say that he does not need caps!  I deliberately held off on the knitting just so I would know where the gaps are.  He does not have any cardigans or pullovers, and nothing coordinated.  He is due on December 23rd.  Red!  Huskers!  Oooooh . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment