Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lemon Olive Oil Cake


I just removed a Lemon Olive Oil Cake from the oven and the house smells terrific.  This is my second try with this cake.  Last weekend, I made it for a dinner party at a friend's house.  One of the other guests is a fantastic gourmet cook, and she asked for the recipe.  I sent her the link on Epicurious.  It was a pretty terrific sponge cake.  A word of caution:  only bake 35 minutes.

Since I am getting together for my monthly lunch with my girlfriends tomorrow, I volunteered to bring the dessert.  As you can see, it is a bare naked cake at this point in time, but after cooling, it will be topped with a lemon glaze.  This is one of those desserts that you want to have more and more.

I have been knitting, too.  I have gotten past the stumbles of my latest socks, and have something to show for it.  The first sock is complete and looks great, and the second sock is at the halfway point.  I will post as soon as they are a completed pair.


We dogsat for the traveling children this past week, and I must brag on the little darlings.  The two dogs have very different walking styles.  One likes to stroll and the other wants to go as fast as possible.  As a result, I took them out separately on alternate evenings.  Jemma (left) is so smart that she figured this out, and when it was "her" night, she was begging me to take her out at the walking hour.  How can I refuse? 

Kingston (right) waited his turn for the following evening. 

So that is how I have spent the last week -- baking, dogsitting/walking, and knitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment