Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Where do you knit?

Always, my small project bag with socks-in-progress goes with me to church, doctor's office, meetings (or almost anywhere I am going).  Today, my little project bag went along within a bigger tote bag to the hospital to wait for Husker to get a test done.  You are looking at Madeline Tosh Merino Light in colorway Earl Grey.  The only places I do not knit are behind the steering wheel or at the gym.  If you catch me knitting when I am driving, it is time to lock me up!  Where do you knit that is a little unusual? 

So many people at church have been checking out my socks of late that I decided to knit a pair for the highest bidder in the silent auction portion of the church's Service Auction.  Then someone mentioned to me that she knitted, but had never tried socks and really wanted to learn.  So I added a sock knitting class to the auction.

Last night, the church collected $34 from a lady for a pair of custom knitted socks, and another one spent $25 for a few hours of my time to learn how to knit socks.

A new member of our flock also knits, but who knew?  Not until the auction!  We were bonding immediately.  Funny how that happens . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment