Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cataracts and Inversions

Day 2 - Returned to the doc's office for the "day after" post op visit.  No problems, just routine, but I took along a card with my list of questions:  When can I swim?  Can I bend over now?  Weight training?  Eye makeup and removal?  Inversions? 

I can swim and weight train again in one more week.  Gently apply and very gently remove eye makeup.  Yes to bending over.  Inversions?  No one had ever asked him that before.  He was amused and asked me to wait another week and we will discuss it then. 



As promised, I came home from the OR yesterday and got right back to my knitting, albeit with magnifiers balanced on the end of my nose.  As also promised, I have included the large-lemon sized cap for the NICU, as well as a few others that I have made over the last few days.  This has really turned into a fun thing to do with remnants (45-50 yards) from my stash.  I still look sadly on the tiny cap that is the size of the large lemon.  (Note: this is not what I would call a large lemon, but the only one in the refrigerator.)  Such a sick baby that will get this cap.  That is the only thing that bothers me about this project, but I trust that a little one will get better with a little something extra to keep him/her warm and growing. 

Now I am knitting without magnifiers, but with my glasses -- still have the other eye to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment