Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Knitting Vogue's Cropped Turtleneck

Sometimes you see a pattern you want to knit, and you are disappointed that it is not a top-down one-piece project.  Well, I encountered this when I looked through Vogue Knitting's Early Fall 2011 magazine.  Since I am a semi-beginner type of knitter, it was my first experience with converting to a one-piece top-down project.  Let me back up and say it was my first successful conversion.  I attempted a garter stitch cardigan a year or so ago, but finally gave up in frustration. 

This time, I was determined enough to frog it 3 times several inches into it.  Finally, I got it right and it flowed through to the finish and I am going to wear it to work tomorrow.  See page 60 of the magazine for a comparison. 

I used Spud & Chloe's sweater in colorway Toast.  Since I wear a small, I cast on 72 sts to begin the yoke.  I made my sleeves about an inch or two longer than the Vogue pattern called for, but otherwise tried to follow the original pattern exactly.  I especially like the detail of the yoke seams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment