Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Itchy Fingers

I am between projects, but my itchy fingers just will not stop.  I found some leftover Wondersoft by Stylecraft in colorway Blossom that I used over a year ago to make a newborn baby set.  I have made a Tuva hat for another newborn as well as socks, and I am now making another Tuva hat.

This is the third Tuva that I have made, and I made a big mistake this third time because I relied upon memory.  After a few rows, I had to frog back to the ribbing and correct myself with a new start on the lacy crown.  I was getting down to a precious small amount of yarn for another hat, so it has become a preemie size.


My first Tuva was made from Cascade 220 100% Peruvian Highland Wool and was made with US 7 needles.  Christmas red, of course. 
 
One of the nice things about the Tuva pattern is that you can change needle size, yarn type and get a completely different size from preemie to adult without changing anything in the process.  You still cast on 90 stitches, and you still follow the same directions except for how many inches you make the cap before decreasing.  By the way, it is 3.5" for a newborn and 3" for a preemie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment